Department of Geography
The Department of Geography started its journey in the year of 2015. The department has two Full Time Teachers since 2017 and in the year 2021, our respected Principal Dr.Ratan Kumar Samanta, former Associate Professor of Geography joined the college contribute to the progress of the department Presently with 26 students of honours course and 40 students of general course for each year, the department boasts of gaining the status of leading department of Purba Medinipur district.
The department has very high reputation in every sphere of the field of Geography i.e., success in departmental results, mock parliament, debate, NSS activities, geographical model show etc. Every year, our students publish wall magazine named ‘Blue Planet’ and also arrange exhibition of different kinds of geographical models. Sometimes resource persons are invited to deliver special lectures for the students. The department conducts class tests, mock test on regular basis and also provide sufficient study materials to do best in their discipline. The affectionate relations among the students, parents and teachers is the main strength of our department.
|Ratan Kr Samanta||MSc, PhD||Assoc Professor (Principal)||18+ Years|
|Aparesh Mondal||MA, BEd||Asst Professor (HoD)||3+ Years|
||Arpita Majumder||MSc, BEd||Asst Professor||3+ Years|
||Narayan Chandra Bera||MSc, BEd, MEd||Guest Teacher||3+ Years|
Final Year Results:
|Year||Students Appeared||Successful||Unsuccessful||50-60%||Above 60%||First Class||Pass(%)|
- To increase the student intake capacity to facilitate the learning of the local students and to start the Masters degree programme.
- Further improve the results in UG courses so that the pupils get better opportunities in the field of higher education.
- To set up a GIS laboratory to train the students effectively on Remote Sensing and GIS and also to open a departmental library for the students to facilitate them better.
- To organise more national and international level Seminar/Webinar and Workshops on multidisciplinary approaches of Geography.
- To start research-oriented multidisciplinary course to encourage the students to pursue research.
- To publish an annual magazine on various approaches of Geography.
Department of Botany
The department of Botany began functioning in 2017 and it currently offers a general course to the students. The department has great prospects for future growth amidst the rural surrounding of the college, rich in biodiversity. The students are actively encouraged to participate in academic as well as co-curricular activities of the college.
||Nayan Kr. Giri||MSc||SACT (HoD)||3+ Years|
Future Plan Botany:
- To augment the laboratory resources
- To set up a departmental library
- To set up a medicinal plant garden
- To start mushroom cultivation